TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Here comes the Assamese version of the Microsoft Word which also features a spell checker and word suggestions to boot. The word processor was designed by a group of Assamese people from different parts of the state.
The application is called 'Jahnabi' and is suitable for those who need help in writing the language. The Unicode compliant software with a size of 7 mega bytes has at present nearly 2.5 lakh Assamese words and 108 ready made Assamese phrases in its dictionary and counting. It was reportedly said that the beta version of the software took almost 25 days to complete. While the final software was designed in 4 months.
As said earlier, the software contains automatic suggestions for words. Also there are 600 Assamese idioms incorporated in it. The user will also have an option to create a shortcut for frequently used idioms. One can also add words to the user's dictionary.
Mridul Kumar Sharmah, one of the members of the team, said, "The website www.jahnabi.org has received more than 60,000 hits and the free-of-cost software downloaded by more than 1,000 people since it was launched online on November 25 last."
Another member Utpal Phukon also noted, "The programming of the processor is based on dotnet platform and C# language containing around 15,000 lines of code."
The new word processor software meant for Assamese writers could probably be a motivation to many other native language word processor softwares, which the Indians do need.