TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
Here comes the Assamese version of the Microsoft Word which also features a spell checker and word suggestions to boot. The word processor was designed by a group of Assamese people from different parts of the state.
The application is called 'Jahnabi' and is suitable for those who need help in writing the language. The Unicode compliant software with a size of 7 mega bytes has at present nearly 2.5 lakh Assamese words and 108 ready made Assamese phrases in its dictionary and counting. It was reportedly said that the beta version of the software took almost 25 days to complete. While the final software was designed in 4 months.
As said earlier, the software contains automatic suggestions for words. Also there are 600 Assamese idioms incorporated in it. The user will also have an option to create a shortcut for frequently used idioms. One can also add words to the user's dictionary.
Mridul Kumar Sharmah, one of the members of the team, said, "The website www.jahnabi.org has received more than 60,000 hits and the free-of-cost software downloaded by more than 1,000 people since it was launched online on November 25 last."
Another member Utpal Phukon also noted, "The programming of the processor is based on dotnet platform and C# language containing around 15,000 lines of code."
The new word processor software meant for Assamese writers could probably be a motivation to many other native language word processor softwares, which the Indians do need.