TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Last month, MapmyIndia launched People Tracking App for Windows Phone 8 devices not the same app maker has come up with a new update for MapmyIndia app. Those who are not familiar with the app, it is a popular GPS navigation app and now the mobile apps has updated the it for all major platforms like Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8 tablets and PCs.
With the update, the users will be enabled to see an accurate real-time traffic information. Thus users can now track traffic situation in real time and plan routes accordingly.
Rakesh Verma, Managing Director, MapmyIndia said "Location is at the heart of everything we aim to do in MapmyIndia. Through the use of location-based technologies, MapmyIndia has been empowering consumers, enterprises and Governments in India, increasing productivity in the process. It's our constant endeavor to introduce new features such as live traffic updates on your phones, which will benefit Indian consumers tremendously as it has done for consumers in rest of the world."
Joseph Landes, General Manager, Developer and Platform Evangelism, Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd. said, "There is tremendous usability for intelligent apps that leverage location based services. We are excited to add real time traffic update capability to the MapmyIndia app for Windows 8 and Windows Phone devices."
MapmyIndia reportedly said that they aggregate the data from a vast variety of sources, including an extensive network of probe data on ground and has also tie-ups with various Government agencies for real time events or incidents based data.