TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
The Ministry of External Affairs recently launched the mPassportSeva mobile app for the citizens who are using Windows Phone and iOS devices.
The app comes with a positive response from Android users who had already had the access to the app from July this year. In Google play store the app download count has already crossed one lakh. However, the mPassportSeva Mobile App is a first of its kind government app launched to make passport-related services speedy, convenient and transparent.
During the launch, MEA's spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said,"For some it (MEA launching a mobile app) may be a small thing. This is a great leap of faith for us."
The mPassport Seva is launched for those citizens who are interested in passport related information only. It's a light weight, easy to use app that provides specific details on areas such as location of centers, fee, application status, contact information and other general information.
Feature of the mPassport Seva for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone:
It provides information on various steps involved to obtain a passport related service and where to call in case of queries or concerns.
The users can also search for a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or District Passport Cell (DPC). Moreover, citizens living overseas can find out relevant information about the Missions/Posts abroad. For certain states and districts, the users can search for Police Stations as well.
There is also a Fee Calculator feature of the application enables users to find out the required fee based on the service and mode of submission.
The users can also track status of passport applications using file number and date of birth and also track delivery status for dispatched passports
The app for iOS platform weighs 1 MB and requires iOS 5.0 or later and while the Windows version of the app runs on Windows Phone 8 as well as Windows Phone 7.5.