TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
In a move to make Windows 8 popular in China, Microsoft has undertaken a strategic move entering into an agreement which allows Alipay to be a payment gateway for app customers in Windows Phone Store. The announcement regarding the same was released by the company on Monday proving that Microsoft is set on encouraging application development in China. Microsoft reiterates that the key point of such a move will be to help app developers monetize their apps better and with ease.
This move is especially beneficial since China has been witnessing an emerging trend of e-commerce. With this strategic move, Chinese customers can buy applications from Windows Phone Store with local debit card, credit card or via Alipay. With the help of Alipay it is now easier to buy video games for the Xbox app of Windows 8 as well.
According to Analysys, a market research firm, ecommerce venues such as Alipay have set the financial wheels of China into faster motion by grossing about RMB 976.4 billion (Rs. 8.3 trillion) in the third quarter of 2012. 47% of these transactions were covered by Alipay.
Mobile software business is a cutthroat world in China. The difficulty with which Google has tried to capitalize off the Android OS is well known, even though Android is the most used OS. With the help of Alipay, app developers will be able to collect their revenue faster and will result in more app development for Windows 8 OS. Microsoft has tie-ups with major manufacturers of smartphones in China such as Nokia, HTC and Huawei. The expansion of the reach of the platform and app availability will help in popularizing Windows 8 to a large extent.