TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
The old must make way for the new. And what's new today will turn gray tomorrow. This remains true for all things.
Microsoft, just a year ago, announced that the company would stop supporting the Windows Phone 7.8 mobile operating system starting September 9, 2014. However, it seems the Redmond-based tech giant has had a change of heart related to the same.
As of now, the official support page for Windows Phone 7.8 shows that Microsoft has decided to extend the timeline of support for the OS until October 14. This means users have been given a month's time to make the most out of the platform before it finally ceases to exist.
Windows Phone 7.8 was the last iteration of the Windows Phone 7.x series before Windows Phone 8 was officially launched. However, Windows Phone 7 handsets were unable to be upgraded to Windows Phone 8 due to the change in the overall architecture.
However, those who are still on the Windows Phone 7.8 haven't seen many updates since its launch, so this extended life-support won't really mean that much. It will be a feeling that will just be like "i feel secured that I am connected to the Internet, although I won't use it much."
You can currently check out the updated date on Microsoft's "Product Lifecycle Search" page. The date for the life support has been set to 14/10/2014, although we aren't really sure if Microsoft has decided this for any real reason.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!