TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
The Ministry of External Affairs has launched it's new app, 'MEAIndia' for Android and iOS devices. The app will act as a single window source of all information related to Ministry's citizen centric services and outreach activities.
The report of the new app first came when The Hindu reported on July 25 that MEA will be launching a new app that will allow users to fill passport applications, pay application fee via credit/debit cards and to take an appointment with the passport officer at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
Later on July 28, the Indian Diplomacy devision of MEA in tweeted saying "MEA to launch its mobile App: will be launched on the 29th of July,2013 .The App is available for #Android and #iOS devices."
Today, Syed Akbaruddin- Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs, India tweeted "#India's External Affairs Ministry goes 'mobile' today. Smart app - 'MEAIndia'. 4 Android devices @ http://goo.gl/FmmGf7 Also @ App Store"
For now the app is available for Android and iOS but might make it to other platforms aswell, Akbaruddin has been tweeting "This is a leap of faith for us. Currently 4 Android & IoS devices. Once we get it right we will consider other platforms".
The Ministry of External Affairs has put up a video teaser explaining to users on what they can do with the app. You can download the MEAIndia app for Android on Google Play and for iOS on Apps store.
<center><center><iframe width="600" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bkByd4V9ucs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center></center>