TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Three enterprising youth from Nashik who are committed to women safety have come up with software to ensure the same. These are software engineers based in Nashik and have developed software named "Me against Rape" which would help women in distress. The software was created following the rising concerns about the safety of women.
The software is available for free and can be downloaded into Android mobiles for free. The biggest advantage of the software is its one-touch facility. Women in trouble just need to press the button to seek help. Women are supposed to register a list of pre-determined numbers to whom messages will be sent at the press of a button.
When the button is released, time and location of the woman will also be sent. The software is also integrated with Google maps link. The latitude and the longitude of the person will be recorded every ten minutes and this can be produced as evidence later.
The software was developed over a week's time and intends to save women from miscreants in society. The other features of the software include audio recording facilities for verbal abuse. The recording can be done stealthily and can be produced when there is a necessity. The trio who developed the software are Anup Unnikrishnan aged 24 year, Gunwant Battashe aged 23 and Jayesh Bankar of 23.
They also demonstrated the functioning and facilities of the software to the Nashik Commissioner who termed it as an excellent option. Earlier a software "Nirbhaya" was created by a Pune based company Smartcloud Infotech Pvt. Ltd to help women in emergency situations. It was a mobile app which would send text messages to pre-determined contacts when a woman falls into some dangerous situation.
The app is currently available for android phones and will be soon made available for Windows mobiles and iPhones as well. The app can be downloaded here.