TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
After announcing its partnerships with seven Indian mobile OEMs earlier this year, Norwegian software company Opera has recently announced their interest on Indian mobile phone manufacturers. The move is targeted towards expanding the mobile browser Opera Mini's usage in South Asian countries. Since India is said to have one of the highest number of Opera browser users in the world, the company has announced their partnership with seven new handset makers, including Micromax, Spice and Wynncomas part of these efforts. The other four include, Videocon, MoMagic Technologies, Lemon Mobiles and iBall. Altogether, as of now, Opera is working with 17 handset manufacturers in the region. Moreover, the software company also has ties with OEMs like Symphony Mobile in Bangladesh and Colors Mobile in Nepal.
According to the collaboration, Opera reportedly said, Micromax, Videocon, Spice, MoMagic Technologies, Wynncom, Lemon Mobiles and iBall will preinstall Opera Mini browser as an exclusive, third-party mobile browser across their upcoming Android devices.
Opera Software Vice President for South Asia Sunil Kamath said "India is home to the largest number of Opera Mini users in the world. Partnering with local OEMs in India and neighboring countries is part of our growth strategy to take Opera Mini's user numbers in the region from strength to strength,". He also said since the beginning of this year, more than 100 Android devices with Opera Mini preinstalled on them have been launched in India, Bangladesh and Nepal.
However, soon the 7 domestic mobile phone manufacturers are said to come up with devices where the browser from Opera will come pre-installed. Moreover, devices like Micromax Canvas 4, Canvas Doodle 2, Spice Coolpad, Lava Iris 506Q, Celkon Campus A20, and Karbonn A9 Star are said to come with the same browser.