TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
The makers of one of the most preferred Mobile browsers in the world, Opera Software are reportedly prepping to introduce a new smartphone and tablet browser.
Dubbed as, Opera Ice, according to the Pocket-lint report, the latest browser will be revealed at MWC and available for download around February 2013 to compete with Google and Apple in the mobile browser platforms.
During the "meeting held before Christmas, Lars Boilesen, CEO of Opera, outlined the company's strategy for 2013. Afterwards, product managers took to the stage to demo the new browser, which will be run on the WebKit, not Presto, platform," said the report.
"The new Opera Ice browser will be based around hiding the technology as much as possible and embracing rich applications. It will ditch all buttons and instead use gestures to control key elements like forwards and backwards, " added the report.
Reportedly, as per the product manager, the new Opera Ice will be a "full touch and tablet-focused browser." Besides the same, the browser will also have a universal bar for users to carry a search or type a URL.
Moving ahead, it was also revealed that Opera has no future plans to bring out a browser app for Windows RT or Windows Phone OS, however if the sales picks up, the company can look up for options. To have a look at the upcoming Opera Ice browser yourself, go through the video below.