TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Along with launching Galaxy Grand in India, Samsung India has also introduced a new pack of content offerings called as ‘My Services' targeting mobile devices in India. My services are already pre-installed in Galaxy Grand.
A press release from the company has described the various offerings that My Services will dish out to the users. These include bouquet apps such as myMusic, myMovies, myMobileTV, myReader, myEducation and myStation. My Services will help users to enjoy and personalize their mobile devices.
myMovies provides access to around 2000 movies, previews, trailers, film songs and includes films by Walt Disney as well. myEducation provides content for classes 1 to 12 in the CBSE curriculum, 1200 text books, 10,000 educational videos and much more. myMusic has more than 2,50,000 English and Bollywood songs which users can download and is powered by Hungama.
myMobileTV gives access to 100 television channels (live). myReader facilitates access to digital formats of magazines, newspapers and 30,000 e-books. myStation will offer live streaming of events, concerts as well as other live performances.
On the other end, the main launch of the day, Samsung Galaxy Grand phablet was launched in the country for a price of Rs. 21,500 and is slated to start shipping from February first week. The dual SIM mid-range phablet packs dual core processor, 8 megapixel rear camera and 5 inch display with 800x480p resolution. The phone is based on Android jelly Bean OS and will be available in the color options, Metallic Blue and Elegant White.
The company also revealed at the launch event that Samsung had already sold over 1 crore devices in the Galaxy series in India. Samsung claimed that the company now holds 67 percent of the tablet market share and 45 percent of smartphone market share.