TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
Skype has released its new version 6.1 for Windows platform. This version features updated profiles and Outlook integration. The main advantage of this integration is that the users need not switch between Skype and Outlook any more.
They can perform almost all Skype functions within Outlook itself. It is reported that the update is now available in reliable sites like 4shared, softonic etc. for free download.
The new version can display the online status of the corresponding contact through its contact card from within Outlook. Both mood messages and contact data are included in this card.
The call will be initiated directly from Skype even if the selected contact is not a Skype friend. The only thing needed is to add the contact's phone number to Outlook's contacts and have either Skype subscription or credit.
Skype 6.1 for Windows supports instant messaging apart from the call facility. It is possible to send instant messages to any contact with this version.
There is also facility for initiating video call from within Outlook rather than sticking to only audio call. In this case, the selected contact must use Skype. Also, this feature is supported on Outlook 2010 or later versions.
With the new Skype version, users can search through the contact list to find out the contact they want. The updated profiles have made the information more accessible. It is also easy to navigate within the new design. Certain account options are also added compared to other versions which enables the users to avail of a subscription easily.