TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
While players like YouTube and Amazon are on the verge of delivering their video services offline, Singapore based Spuul, an online streaming service has already introduced offline downloads to its Android app. This means that Bollywood fans can now download their favorite movies and watch them during the long commute to work.
Spull offers users a massive range of Bollywood movies, classic Indian movies and TV shows. According to TOI, Spuul is streaming 2,000 movies daily and adding 30% more viewers every month. It currently has about 1,000 movies in its library.
A new feature from Spuul allows members to download upto 10 movies for offline viewing at a price of Rs. 49. Each film saves within the app comes with a 72 hour lease, after which users must sign-in to Spuul to verify their membership (thereafter another 72-hour window is added).
And here's the best part. It is a well known fact that most Indians shave access to slow broadband speeds, thereby barring them from downloading high quality content. Keeping this factor in mind, Spuul allows users to specify the quality of film they wish to save offline, meaning that those with weaker Internet speeds can choose lower sized files (usually around 300mb). Those with more powerful Internet connections can opt for higher video quality, including an option for HD.
The company has also indicated that offline viewing will be coming to its iOS app shortly. The company is also working on allowing users to view videos while they are downloading them.