TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
J.J. Abrams' latest addition to the Star Trek franchise called ‘Star Trek Into Darkness' is yet to arrive. However, Paramount has started promoting the film much in advance through an interesting way to reach all the tech savvy folks out there. An app called as ‘Star Trek App' has been released in Google Play Store providing a portal for young and old Star Trek fans into the Star Trek universe.
The app offers a host of ultra cool features, news, trailers, as well as information about the next movie in the franchise. The augmented reality aspect of the application is the most attractive feature of the app which incorporates a virtual scavenger hunt. Users can utilize their smartphones in order to scan images and photos as well as location and audio-based services to earn points and unlock new content.
For instance, on clicking the maps portion given in the app, the user will be instructed to pay a visit to the future Starfleet Academy site located in San Francisco. This will require location-based services so as to unlock new content or features.
The Star Trek App is the first application that has been commercially distributed which features some of the latest technology from Qualcomm- the augmented reality tool Qualcomm Vuforia and Gimbal platform. The app is a very innovative way to promote the upcoming movie in the Star Trek franchise. It might just lead the way for a new kind of marketing of feature films in the future.
Star Trek enthusiasts can download the app from Google Play Store.