TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New CBI Chief: It Could Be Modi VS Jaiswal
- India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI — Live Updates
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Direct-to-home television operator, Tata Sky, recently announced a new app called 'Everywhere TV' for Android and iOS that allows users to watch live television programmes on mobile phones.
Tata Sky subscribers need to download Tata Sky's Mobile app from the Apple and Android stores. The company will charge Rs 60 per month from its subscribers, who can initially watch over 50 channels on their mobile phones. The app is not available at the moment but the company has said that it will be made available soon.
The official website of the company simply talks about apps for the iPhone and iPad and has even provided a couple of screenshots of these apps. However, there ahs been no mention about the app for Android. Reports from NDTV suggest that an Android app is in the making and will arrive by the end of the festive season.
Regarding the app, Vikram Mehra, Chief Commercial Officer, Tata Sky said, "People spend hours in transit or waiting daily. Today over 60 per cent of the [Tata Sky] population use Internet to view videos on their smartphones and tablets either at home or at office. Everywhere TV is a service for those subscribers who want to keep in touch with their favourite shows, programmes and channels that they have subscribed on Tata Sky even when they are on move through their mobile handset."
However, a good 3G mobile connection or a Wi-Fi connectivity is an important requitement for the app to run smoothly. The company also said that the move was part of the it's plans to popularize the Tata Sky brand further in tune with the ever evolving customer demands.