TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Tizen mobile operating system project driven by Linux Foundation has just rolled out the second version of the SDK (Software Development Kit) of the OS. The version 2 of the SDK has been quietly released for developers by Linux Foundation. The Tizen project has been backed by a number of component and handset makers including Intel.
The Tizen 2.0 Magnolia Software Development Kit has been driven by the combined effort of Samsung, Intel, Linux Foundation and Tizen community and offers an almost polished user interface. Both the community and the developers have put in significant contribution to the project. Samsung's ambitious project Bada mobile OS, was merged with Tizen.
The alpha release of the OS happened around 5 months ago. It can be seen that the user interface of the second version of the OS is still under construction and has some polishing work to do before the completed product is released. In this version, access to NFC, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth has been included. A boost has also been given by flipping on hardware accelerated graphics. Scalable UI tools are also featured in it which will facilitate the support of many screen sizes. This is a crucial step, since the OS is expected to run in all kinds of smart devices.
Samsung had shown off a prototype of a handset that runs on the Tizen OS last month. The handset is set to be released sometime during the later part of the year. This will be the first handset running the OS. At present, Tizen 2.0 Magnolia operating system SDK is available for download for anyone who wishes to develop applications based on it.