TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Avalanche In Ladakh — 5 Bodies Recovered; 5 Feared Trapped
- New Tax Laws Help You To Save More This Tax Season — Here's How
- AFC Asian Cup 2019 — Full Schedule
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Finally, Twitter has released the official Android app for tablets but sadly, it is not available for all devices at the moment. The company has already announced saying that the app would first be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition.
This version of Twitter app for Android tablets was in fact teased during Samsung's Unpacked event, where the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) was announced alongside the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear smartwatch. The tablet is already available today in the U.S.
In the new version of the app, which is limited to the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition), users can view their tweets in landscape mode, apart from conversations, trends and more. As seen in the iPad app, users can just tap a tweet to make it expand on the right side which will show photos, videos and previews. Web links will also open within the app.
Thus this apparently provers that Twitter is working with Samsung exclusively at the moment. The tablet-optimized app will soon roll out to other tablets in good time.
Also the benefit for Samsung users are the tablets' compatibility with Multi Window, which allows users to access the browser and their Twitter at the same time. The updated version of the app also introduces a new tablet-optimized widget and S Pen support.
There is not word on the availability and price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 in India.