TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
A freemium voice-over-IP service and an instant messaging application, Skype that is developed by the Microsoft's Skype Division has recently been updated and rolled out for the Microsoft's latest Windows 8.1 devices. First released in August 2003, the voice-over-IP software has now been running on almost all the smartphones, tablet and PC platforms so far.
Since the updated OS is normally meant to improve the multi-tasking functions in the PC, the latest Skype app is such that it will run in compliance with the smooth functioning of the device. In other words, the updated Skype service will also let the users work on varied apps while continuing the chat on the Skype screen.
Moreover, the Skype for Windows 8.1 also enables the users to share and receive files of any size at anytime with easier navigation through a list of favorite friends.
Like the standard Skype app, even in Windows 8.1 version, the service will offer free Skype-to-Skype video and voice calling. While the company will charge low rates when one makes calls to mobiles and landlines worldwide, sending text messages or making group video calls with up to 10 people.
The updated application could be the solution for those who were facing the problems in their Windows 8.1 running PCs when the older version of Skype was installed.