TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
The largest internet service portal in China, Tencent, has rolled out an update for WeChat. WeChat is a messenger app on the internet consisting of over 300 million users on both Android and iOS platforms. The update has a couple of new and interesting features. These include the live voice chat in a walkie-talkie style, back-up service of chat history and QR code sharing in the case of group chats.
The messenger application now offers the live voice chat feature which sort of functions like the walkie-talkies in the real world. A group of friends can have voice conversations with each other through the app with a touch action. Just like walkie-talkies, only one person can talk at a time while all others can listen.
The Group Chat option of the messenger app has also undergone changes. The update facilitates the generation of unique QR codes for each group. This code can be shared by the members to invite new members to the group.
The third major option that the update brings in is the facility to back up and restore chat history with just a touch. Searching through the chat history is really easy now for WeChat iOS users. The user interface of the messenger app has also been updated which makes it easier to discover friends and to recommend them.
WeChat is a free mobile text and voice messaging app which has more than 300 million users across the world. The application was launched in India in July 2012 across multiple platforms- iOS, Symbian, Windows Phone and Android. Recently, the messaging app was launched for BlackBerry as well.