TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Olympic Body Punishes India For Declining Visas To Pakistan Team After Pulwama
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Rs 1.40 Lakh Phone priced
- Europa League — Arsenal 3 BATE 0 3-1 Agg: Emery's Men Ease Through
- Maruti Wagon R Electric Price Expectations — Most-Affordable EV At The Time Of Launch
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- DeepVeer’s Glamorous Entry At Femina Beauty Awards
- Plan Your Next Getaway To Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh
- 'I Love You' Is Hard For These Zodiacs
WeChat Now Offering Free 1GB Cloud Storage For Users
Back in April GizBot had done an exclusive interview with Mr. Nilay Arora, Vice President, WeChat, where he had shed some light on the latest version of the WeChat. And along with the features the company had brought into the newer version of the app, he had also spoke about the free 1GB of cloud storage that the app was offering to the users.
Now the instant messaging app WeChat has started offering 1GB cloud storage free to users to help them store documents, pictures and videos.
Users on WeChat, which is operated by Chinese firm Tencent, can access the ‘Favourite' option on their chat screen to save pictures, voice notes, videos and text messages directly on the cloud, the company said in a statement. The saved documents can be accessed any time and on multiple devices.
"The ‘Favourite Message with 1GB cloud storage' feature enables users to save their favourite memories in the form of texts, videos and picture format without having to compromise on their device space and, also enables them to access these with just one touch whenever they want," Tencent India Vice-present, Marketing and Business Development, Nilay Arora said.
"Such additions to the application add value to overall communication experience of a user and also encourage interaction," he further added.
WeChat, which launched its operations in India in 2012, has over 100 million registered accounts internationally. The messaging application was the second most downloaded application on iOS in India in 2013.
According to Global Web Index (a third party UK based research firm), about 41.8 per cent smartphone users in India are on WeChat. The company does not disclose country-specific user numbers. WeChat is available for download for smartphones based on Nokia X, Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian and Windows operating systems.