TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Whatsapp Updates Android App With Turn Off Option For “Last Seen” Feature
Even after being acquired by Facebook, WhatsApp one of the most popular ad-free instant messaging mobile app has been continuously putting efforts to make the service more secure and efficient. The company has now updated its Android application with features that were there in the beta version earlier.
One of the features in WhatsApp which was pretty good (annoying sometimes) was that others (who have you in their contacts) were capable of seeing you when you were using the app previously. The feature was default in the app until now but the latest update brings about an option to turn the feature off. Which means that now you can actually disable "last Seen" feature. This feature was in fact one of the most needed feature in the app.
But the company has also brought some other major changes. With the latest update, one can now also pay for another user's subscription. This is a great move from Whatsapp in countries like India where majority of the people do not have access to credit cards. With this facility, it will become easier for them to renew their WhatsApp subscription through their friend.
But that's not it, the company has also added new features like new settings for profile photo and status; you can now add camera shortcut for quicker picture sending; you can also add large video thumbnails in chat; option to show unread messages on home screen widget (Android 3.0+); add option to share/save profile photo/group icon; increase message history user can send; fix sending flag emoji on Sony phones; fix voice note recording volume on Samsung Note 3 and Sony phones; you also can enable Hindi (Android 4.1+).