TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
WhatsApp has gone to become one of the most widely used messaging applications even in the Windows Phone platform and the developers of the app seem to be keen on adding new features to the app every second day. This is evident as, reportedly, WhatsApp for Windows has got a new update packing a slew of features.
With the version 2.9.2 update, WhatsApp will now support lock screen notifications and a backup function for chats. Although the v2.9.2 update is available for both Windows 7 and Windows 8 phones, the former will not receive all the improvements of the update, especially the lock screen notification.
Other features of the update include a redesigned ‘Live' title for Windows 8 versions. The new update will let users send messages with the ‘Enter' key of the keyboard and send broadcasts.
A new option of showing or hiding messages in a toast notification is also available, along with more options for media attachments including audio, video, contact, location, picture and camera. The Emoji input has been moved to the app bar in the new update.
Windows Phone users who have been complaining about inconsistent notifications from WhatsApp will be satisfied with the new update's lock screen notification support. However Windows 7 users won't be having this feature on their update. The update, fully compatible with Windows 7.5 and higher, can be downloaded for free from the Windows Phone store.