TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
WhatsApp has gone to become one of the most widely used messaging applications even in the Windows Phone platform and the developers of the app seem to be keen on adding new features to the app every second day. This is evident as, reportedly, WhatsApp for Windows has got a new update packing a slew of features.
With the version 2.9.2 update, WhatsApp will now support lock screen notifications and a backup function for chats. Although the v2.9.2 update is available for both Windows 7 and Windows 8 phones, the former will not receive all the improvements of the update, especially the lock screen notification.
Other features of the update include a redesigned ‘Live' title for Windows 8 versions. The new update will let users send messages with the ‘Enter' key of the keyboard and send broadcasts.
A new option of showing or hiding messages in a toast notification is also available, along with more options for media attachments including audio, video, contact, location, picture and camera. The Emoji input has been moved to the app bar in the new update.
Windows Phone users who have been complaining about inconsistent notifications from WhatsApp will be satisfied with the new update's lock screen notification support. However Windows 7 users won't be having this feature on their update. The update, fully compatible with Windows 7.5 and higher, can be downloaded for free from the Windows Phone store.