TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
The BlackBerry 10 launch has thrown many big developer names to it, such as Skype and Dropbox. As you know Skype is not available in the BlackBerry World as of now, but latest news sources are hinting at its expected presence in BlackBerry 10 OS and the service may soon be available for BlackBerry 10 devices. However, this comes with a small catch. It has been explained in the support page of Skype that the app available for BlackBerry 10 will be a part of the app's Android version only.
The software developer released a statement which stated that BlackBerry 10 devices will soon be getting Skype in them. The developers are apparently working closely with the folks at BlackBerry to ensure a good working environment for the Android version of Skype to function on BlackBerry 10.
BlackBerry10 has the capability to run certain software meant for Android. However, the OS follows only an older Android version, (2.3.3 which is two years old). This has caused users to be apprehensive about the performance of Skype in BB 10 as it might mean they would be able to get only the older version of the app.
A spokesperson for Skype later said that the app developers at Skype were working in close association with BlackBerry to open up points of integration for native apps in the new OS so that they can be accessed by Skype as well. The Skype app for BB10 is expected to enable users to see notifications, start app from Hub and also view Skype contacts from native phone book as well.