TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Although there is no official report about the launch of Windows 9 or Windows Blue, a user has posted the details of the new version in a Taiwanese forum. The user has posted the build of Windows 9 is 9622 while that of Windows 8 was 9200. The reports about this version are sketchy but the post says that Metro Ul will still remain the operating system's default.
The windows desktop of the new version is something similar to the traditional windows but it is updated to suit the Metro style. The sale of the Windows 8 version was totally disappointing, which even led to the stepping down of Steven Sinofsky as the President of the Windows division of the Microsoft.
Amidst all this Microsoft still holds on to Metro Ul for the Blue. Much is expected of the upcoming version of Windows just like Windows 7 which created a wave after the failure of Windows vista.
Microsoft is now planning a yearly release schedule just as Apple did with the Mac OS X. The OS upgrade prices are falling with Apple's 10.1 release dropping to $30 (Rs. 1600 approx) and Windows 8 upgrade now available for $40 (Rs. 2200 approx) till the end of next month.
Quicker releases may prevent the Windows XP situation from recurring. The rapid shipping of new versions may not yield the desired market share and mind share as that of XP. Windows is still trying to stick to the ancient OS and the results of this new shipping are awaited. Even with minimal information released about the Blue, it seems a smart option and will hopefully strike the chord to compensate for the Windows8 set back.