TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New CBI Chief: It Could Be Modi VS Jaiswal
- India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI — Live Updates
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
It's been more than six months since Microsoft announced the release of Windows 7.8 upgrade. It was hinted in the announcement that there would be an update soon after the release of Windows 8. Now, the company confirms that the update will be available to the devices in early 2013.
As per the latest news, the update will roll out on January 31st. Certain carriers proclaimed their update through official public relation channels like Twitter, Facebook etc. Apart from that, the official websites of some carriers provide the information about the Windows 7.8 update and its roll out date.
Windows Phone Colombia has posted a status on their official Facebook page in the Latin American branch about Windows 7.8 update. It stated that some phones having Windows 7.5 OS will receive 7.8 update from January 31st. While going into the official website of Telstra, it is possible to find a table which holds the update schedule for some smartphones.
According to that table, customers can expect Windows 7.8 update for Nokia Lumia 800 on January 31st. Another evidence for this roll out is the tweet from O2 regarding the availability of Windows 7.8 update. It tweeted that the update will be available through Zune by the end of January this year.
The Live Tiles included in the update are resizable. It supports Bing daily wallpaper for lock screen and several other small enhancements. In addition to that, the new Windows 7.8 update provides about twenty new themes. Windows Phone 7.5 users can rejuvenate their handsets by getting the Windows 7.8 update after their contract expires for the current OS.