- 10 min ago Airtel Offers Rs. 999 Plan To Business And Broadband Users; Which Is Better?
- 11 min ago Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Best Deals On Budget Phones
- 16 min ago Tata Sky Binge Offering 13 OTT Channels: Here's How To Get
- 20 min ago Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Exchange Offers, Easy EMI Option, Insurances On Smartphones And More
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
- Finance Top 5 Public Sector Banks Promising Good Returns On 5 Year Fixed Deposits
- Movies RARA: Suriya’s Film Raame Aandalum Raavane Aandalum’s Song ‘Kaasu’ Out! Watch
- News India to resume export of surplus Covid-19 vaccines next month: Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya
- Sports IPL 2021: Delhi Capitals paint the town blue
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez poses in floral print lehenga for The Kapil Sharma Show
- Education KCET Result 2021 Declared, Check KCET 2021 Direct Link And Other Details Here
- Automobiles Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
10 Things That’ll happen if you block someone on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app and almost everyone uses this platform to stay in touch with their family and friends. Its quite convenient to use WhatsApp to share the media files, documents, contacts, and location too.
In the meantime, there might be a necessity for some users to block a few others on WhatsApp. If you are feeling the need to block someone on WhatsApp, you might be having a lot of queries related to the same.
For instance, you might be thinking if the person can still see your profile pic, your last seen, etc. Here, we have listed a few such queries listed here. Take a look below to know what happens when you block someone on WhatsApp.
Messages sent by the blocked contact won’t be delivered
In case you have blocked someone on WhatsApp, you will not get the messages that the person sends you as long as the contact is blocked. Even after unblocking the contact, the messages that were sent to you while you had blocked the contact won't be delivered to you at all.
Your last seen will not be visible
Your blocked contacts will not be able to see your online information such as last seen on WhatsApp even if you haven't opted to hide the last seen to your contacts.
Status message will be hidden
Just like the last seen information, even your status message on WhatsApp will be hidden from the contact you have blocked on the platform. The person who is blocked will be able to see your status only after unblocking the contact.
Even your profile picture won’t be visible
The contacts you have blocked on WhatsApp will not be able to see your profile picture. They will not get any picture in the place of your display photo on WhatsApp.
They can’t call you too
It is known that a blocked contact on WhatsApp cannot send you any messages on the platform. In addition to messages, the blocked contact cannot make even calls to you using WhatsApp until you unblock the person.
Read receipts will not appear
We have made it clear that the messages that the blocked contact sends you will not be delivered to you. In that case, the blocked contact will not get blue ticks or read receipts as their messages are not delivered to you.
Group chats will remain unaffected
The blocked contact cannot send you any messages personally, but the group chats will remain unaffected. The blocked contact can still send you messages in groups that have you and the specific contact.
You can’t send messages or calls before unblocking
If you have blocked a contact on WhatsApp, not only the person, but also you cannot make any calls or send messages to the person using the platform until you have unblocked the contact.
The contact won’t be removed from WhatsApp
You need to know that the contact you have blocked will not be removed from the list of contacts on WhatsApp. A contact will not appear on WhatsApp only when you remove the contact from your phonebook or address book.
It’s all in your hands
Keep in mind that blocking and unblocking a contact on WhatsApp is all in your hands. You can do it easily as you wish. With just a long press on the contact, you can unblock the person and start enjoying conversations with the person.