- 11 min ago Oppo Smart TV K9 Series With MediaTek SoC Launched; Cheaper Models To Take On Mi TVs
- 1 hr ago Oppo K9 5G With 90Hz Display, 65W Fast Charging Goes Official; Price, Features
- 1 hr ago Why Has You Broadband Become So Aggressive In launching Plans?
- 1 hr ago Reliance Jio Might Increase Prices Of Prepaid Plans Soon: Know Why
- Movies Frank McRae Of License To Kill Fame Passes Away
- News Coronavirus: Singapore reports over 2,700 cases of suspected adverse effects following COVID-19 vaccine
- Automobiles Premium Hatchback Sales In April 2021: Tata Altroz Outsells Hyundai i20
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
- Education Google CEO Sundar Pichai Lays Out ‘Hybrid’ Workplace Model, 20% Staff To Permanently Work From Home
- Lifestyle Mother’s Day 2021: Health Tips For New Moms With Diabetes
- Sports IPL 2021: English counties wish to host remainder of tournament in September, write to ECB
- Finance LIC Revised Working Hours of All Offices, Check New Timings Here
10 most downloaded apps in India in Q1 2018
India is the fastest growing market for the mobile apps in the world.
With the popularity of smartphones, there is an increase in the number of smartphone users. To cater to their needs, there are apps for almost everything such as booking cabs, banking, fitness tracking, educational apps and more. As per App Annie, India has progressed to be the world's fastest growing market for the mobile apps and this applies to both Android and iOS apps.
This report adds that there has been a steep hike in the revenue in the first quarter of this year. And, it suggests that India is proceeding to grab the top position in the combined downloads on Android and iOS. Having said that, you might be wondering about the most downloaded apps in the country. We have curated a list of the 10 most downloaded apps in India over here.
Facebook becomes the most downloaded app in the country in Q1 2018 despite the #DeleteFacebook campaign. The social networking app has topped the download charts in India even in 2017.
UC Browser outshines many other popular apps and becomes the second most download app in Q1 this year. This free browser has features such as data saving, fast browsing, ad blocker and more. It captured the third position in the number of downloads last year.
WhatsApp owned by Facebook has managed to grab the third position in this list. This time, the app has dropped from the second place to the third place for unknown reasons. However, it still has a massive 1.5 billion monthly active users across the world.
Facebook Messenger is the standalone instant messaging app from Facebook. Just like the last year, this app is in the fourth position this year too. Recently, the app received a lot of new features. It lets you chat with others, make audio and video calls and add a story among others.
SHAREit enables users easily to transfer files to other devices. In comparison to the last year, this file sharing app has been pushed down by one position in the first quarter of this year.
The popularity of JioTV is not surprising. This app occupied the tenth position last year and now it has come up to the sixth position. The app is included in the MyJio suite of apps and lets users watch live TV channels, movies, shows, cricket matches, etc.
Airtel TV is a new app, which has made its way to the list of most downloaded apps in India due to the low data rates among other benefits.
This live streaming app has also made its way to this list for the first time. The app was nowhere in the list in the last year. Now, it becomes the eighth most downloaded app in the first quarter of 2018.
Truecaller comes as a rescue for many users as it helps in staying away from spam calls and messages. Despite its usefulness, it has dropped to the ninth position.
Hypstar is a video community app, which lets users access all the viral videos in one place. It was not on the list in 2017 but has made its way to the tenth position this year.