TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala: PM Modi Inaugurates Kollam Bypass; Assures 100 Percent Rural Connectivity
- India vs Australia 2nd ODI; As It Happened — Kohli, Dhoni Power India To 6-Wicket Win
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 — Exterior And Interiors Revealed In Official Video
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 Teased To Be Priced Around Rs. 8,500
- Interim Budget 2019 May Increase Income Tax Exemption Limit To Rs. 5 Lakh
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-timer In Una
- Kangana Takes A Jibe At Bollywood Again!
- Lisa Ray's Nature-Inspired Dress Makes For An Ideal Evening Party Wear
As cited on Phone Arena, the beta version of the Maps app contains three new features which include a new option to start Maps in Satellite view, suggestions for similar places, and a new look for the feature that lets you add a stop along your route.
If you're one of those persons who like to access the Google Maps in Satellite view, then the new feature should certainly excite you.
The new addition allows users to launch the app in Satellite view thereby eliminating the need for switching back and forth to other views. Users can enable this feature simply by turning on "See Satellite view when maps starts" in Settings.
The next feature to come along with the update is the suggestions for similar places. Allow us to explain this with an example.
Suppose you've searched for a specific location, let's say a restaurant for the sake of simplicity, the app will show you similar places nearby that are worth checking out. Additionally, it also shows reviews and ratings of the location you've searched for.
Finally, despite the fact that the functionality of the feature is still the same, there's a new look for adding stops along the route.
All the above futures are currently available only in the beta version of the app (which can be downloaded here) and Google should push it to the laymen anytime soon.