TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Congress Fails To Find Replacement Of Sarma In North East
- Arjun Maini Makes Strong Debut In European LeMans Series Opener
- Hyundai Venue Unveiled — India Launch Next Month
- LEAKED! Salman-Alia's Role In 'Inshallah'
- AMD Introduces The New AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 SoC
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Kubbra Sait Wows In A Blue Dress
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Here Are the Three New Features Added to Google Maps for Android
Google Maps for Android (Beta) receives three new subtle-but-useful additions.
As cited on Phone Arena, the beta version of the Maps app contains three new features which include a new option to start Maps in Satellite view, suggestions for similar places, and a new look for the feature that lets you add a stop along your route.
If you're one of those persons who like to access the Google Maps in Satellite view, then the new feature should certainly excite you.
The new addition allows users to launch the app in Satellite view thereby eliminating the need for switching back and forth to other views. Users can enable this feature simply by turning on "See Satellite view when maps starts" in Settings.
The next feature to come along with the update is the suggestions for similar places. Allow us to explain this with an example.
Suppose you've searched for a specific location, let's say a restaurant for the sake of simplicity, the app will show you similar places nearby that are worth checking out. Additionally, it also shows reviews and ratings of the location you've searched for.
Finally, despite the fact that the functionality of the feature is still the same, there's a new look for adding stops along the route.
All the above futures are currently available only in the beta version of the app (which can be downloaded here) and Google should push it to the laymen anytime soon.