- 2 hrs ago Vivo X80 Pro Plus Complete Specs Leak: On Par With Other 2022 Flagships?
- 3 hrs ago Vivo V21e With Snapdragon 680 Processor, Virtual RAM Support Launched At Rs. 12,990
- 4 hrs ago Jabra To Offer Discounts On Earphones Range During Republic Day Sales
- 5 hrs ago Amazon Great Republic Day Sale Quiz; Chance To Win OnePlus 9 Pro, Nord 2 & More
- Sports Yonex Sunrise India Open 2022: PV Sindhu's campaign ends; Lakshya, Satwik and Chirag in final
- News Punjab elections: SKM says farmer unions contesting polls no longer part of it
- Education NTPC CBT 2: Railways Shortlist 7 Lakh Candidates For NTPC Level 2 Exam After RRB NTPC Board Results
- Movies Colaba Lawyer-Film-Maker Arrested in Pocso Case
- Finance How Solution-Oriented Funds Are Best For Your Retirement Plan?
- Automobiles Tesla Manufacturing Facility In Telangana? State Minister Invites Elon Musk Through This Tweet
- Lifestyle Media Reports Stating Vaccine Shortage In Maharashtra Are Not Factually Correct
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In West Bengal In Winter Of 2022
WhatsApp Makes IPO Easy: How To Open Demat Account An Invest In IPO On WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is one of the most popular platforms when it comes to messaging and other modes of communication. Now, WhatsApp is moving beyond just the messaging app. With WhatsApp Payments, people can send and receive money based on UPI. The new update also allows users to invest in IPO and open a Demat account.
WhatsApp, Upstox Partner For Payments Expansion
Recently, WhatsApp received permission from the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) to expand its payments user base. The Unified Payments Interface (UPI)-based WhatsApp payment service had received permission to double its user base. Apart from that, WhatsApp Payments has another important update.
Popular investment platform Upstox has made investing in IPO and opening a Demat account much easier. It can be done on WhatsApp via Upstox, which is offering end-to-end support for all IPO and investment-related applications. More importantly, interested investors needn't have to register with Upstox to avail the new feature.
How To Open Demat Account On WhatsApp
Simply put, you can now open a Demat account and invest in an IPO via a WhatsApp chat window. Here's how to open a Demat account with Upstox on WhatsApp:
Step 1: Firstly, you need to save the Upstox WhatsApp number, which is 9321261098
Step 2: Next, open WhatsApp > Upstox chat > type 'Open an Account'
Step 3: Enter your mobile number verify it with the OTP
Step 4: Similarly, enter your email id and verify it with OTP
Step 5: Provide additional details like date of birth, PAN, and so on
Step 6: You will then be redirected to the Upstox page to complete setting up the Demat account
How To Invest In IPO On WhatsApp?
Apart from opening a Demat account on WhatsApp, you can also invest in an IPO from the popular messaging app. Here's how to do it:
Step 1: Once again, ensure you have saved the Upstox phone number
Step 2: Send Hi or any other customary message
Step 3: You will get several options > Select IPO application
Step 4: Enter your registered mobile number and OTP > select on Apply for IPO
Step 5: Next, select the IPO you wish to subscribe to, which will be reloaded to confirm the payment
WhatsApp Payments With Upstox: Security Concerns
WhatsApp Payments has certainly made things easier by bringing in UPI-based payments to the popular messaging platforms. At the same time, staying safe and alert on online platforms is the need of the hour. In this scenario, one might raise security questions when it comes to opening a Demat account or investing in an IPO on the platform.
For the same, Upstox has ensured no document will be sent on WhatsApp. This ensures no malware or virus files get downloaded into your smartphone. Additionally, Upstox won't ask you to upload any document like your PAN card or address proof ID card.
This also ensures that the documents aren't shared anywhere. With these precautions in hand, WhatsApp and Upstox aim to keep users safe while opening a Demat account or investing in an IPO.