- Fullerton India join hands with Paytm for payment solutions
- Paytm Mall Vivo Carnival Sale: Vivo V9, V9 Youth, Vivo Y53i and more smartphones on discount
- Paytm inbox section receives News, Live-TV along with Cricket scores and more
- Money transactions between different digital wallets will soon be possible
- Paytm rolls out 'My Payments' to help users transfer money to bank accounts
- You can now book a bus in Andhra Pradesh with Paytm
Paytm, the Indian digital wallet application, on Wednesday announced a new feature which lets its users make payments to merchants by just calling a toll free number. Previously, users whoever want to make a transaction required mobile data to transfer or scan money to his account.
However, with this new toll-free number, you don't need to worry about having mobile internet on your phone. Instead, you can call the number: 1800 1800 1234 to make payment to the seller.
How does it work?
For the first time when the user calls that number, the calls will be automatically disconnected, and within one minute, he will receive a call from the same number asking to set up a pin.
Make Payments by Calling the same number!
After setting up the pin, whenever you need to pay a merchant, you have to call this number, and it asks for the merchant mobile number and amount to be paid. After entering those details, you have to enter your pin which you have set in the first step. That's it; the payment will be made to the merchant.
Doesn’t work for now
Also, we guess that this new feature is still under testing. We tried calling the toll free number from our mobile number, but it continuously suggested as busy. Hopefully, it can get fixed in coming days.