- Facebook to regulate political ads on its platform by disclosing who paid for the campaign
- Facebook Two-Factor authentication will no longer need your phone number
- Fake Facebook sites account for 60% of social network phishing
- Qualcomm and Facebook to deliver high-speed internet connectivity in urban areas
- Facebook likely tests ‘Send in WhatsApp’ sharing button
- How to activate ‘Sleep Mode’ on Facebook Messenger Kid?
The most used social networking site has always been dedicated to connect users with friends, family, and people across the world. Facebook has always been keen towards testing features to connect people in a much better manner.
Facebook has rolled out a new feature for its users called "Wi-Fi discovery", which allows the users to spot the nearby free and public Wi-Fi access points with which the users can surely save a lot of mobile data.
A report by VentureBeat asserts that speaking to the social networking site, a spokesperson shared that they have introduced the feature to help users stay better connected to their friends by displaying the open Wi-Fi networks associated with nearby places.
#1 Update the Facebook App
The first thing that the user is required to do is update their Facebook app, which will bring about the new feature on their app.
#2 Enable Find Wi-Fi Option
After you have successfully updated the app, all that the user should do is go to settings on the Facebook app, and scroll down to the "Find Wi-Fi" option in the list and enable the option.
#3 Ensure the GPS of Your Smartphone is Enabled
The GPS of your phone should be ON for the feature to work accurately, and so Facebook can display better search results in finding the nearby Wi-Fi access points.
#4 List of the Nearby Wi-Fi Points Will Be Displayed
After enabling the option, Facebook will display a list of Wi-Fi access points along with the distance and the map direction to the point. Using this feature, people can use more of the free Wi-Fi and save their mobile data.