TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
The most used social networking site has always been dedicated to connect users with friends, family, and people across the world. Facebook has always been keen towards testing features to connect people in a much better manner.
Facebook has rolled out a new feature for its users called "Wi-Fi discovery", which allows the users to spot the nearby free and public Wi-Fi access points with which the users can surely save a lot of mobile data.
A report by VentureBeat asserts that speaking to the social networking site, a spokesperson shared that they have introduced the feature to help users stay better connected to their friends by displaying the open Wi-Fi networks associated with nearby places.
#1 Update the Facebook App
The first thing that the user is required to do is update their Facebook app, which will bring about the new feature on their app.
#2 Enable Find Wi-Fi Option
After you have successfully updated the app, all that the user should do is go to settings on the Facebook app, and scroll down to the "Find Wi-Fi" option in the list and enable the option.
#3 Ensure the GPS of Your Smartphone is Enabled
The GPS of your phone should be ON for the feature to work accurately, and so Facebook can display better search results in finding the nearby Wi-Fi access points.
#4 List of the Nearby Wi-Fi Points Will Be Displayed
After enabling the option, Facebook will display a list of Wi-Fi access points along with the distance and the map direction to the point. Using this feature, people can use more of the free Wi-Fi and save their mobile data.