TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Instagram has recently updated its app where once can post photos and browse through images without having to install the app on your device. However, before this update, users need to install an app to get access to the Instagram app as we know before.
With the recent update, users also get the 'camera’ icon which lets the users post an image from their device’s gallery. This certainly comes with the limitations that, users cannot post videos, make use of a filter or see stories. In this article, we will guide you on how to post on Instagram pictures through a desktop.
If you are new to Instagram, it is photo-sharing app that allows users to share pictures and videos either publicly, or privately to pre-approved followers. In this app, users can apply various digital filters to their images, add locations through geotags and they can add hashtags to their posts.
With this process, desktop users can access the Instagram, post picture and browse through others photos as well. Open the Instagram web app and log in to the service in an incognito tab on Chrome and private browsing window on Safari.
When it comes to Chrome, press CTRL+SHIFT+I, which will let you access the developer’s window on the right side of the screen. On the top, search for a mobile display icon next to the element. If you find it, just click on it. This will change the view of the website from a desktop to a smartphone. Now you can upload pictures from the desktop by clicking on the camera icon on the bottom center.
In case of Safari, the users need to go to Preferences-> Advanced and check the box that says 'Show Develop menu in menu bar’. Now open a new private window and set the 'User Agent’ for Safari as 'iOS 10 — iPhone’ from the 'Develop menu’. Now, users can access the camera option, where they can upload photos directly from the laptop.