TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
While Uber might be trying to compete with Ola by attracting drivers with unique incentives and consumers by offering competitive rates, the US-based taxi-hailing service has pledged an investment of $1 billion in India.
In particular, this initiative might be a part of a push by Uber to attract more operators on its platform to take on its competitor Ola cabs, which had also launched a similar feature earlier in June this year.
Amidst such developments, the taxi hailing app company Uber has now announced the launch of an android application dubbed as 'UberFleet' for its fleet partners in the country.
The company has revealed that the app has been designed to improve the overall productivity for fleet owners by making the process of managing drivers more efficient and reducing their downtime.
While commentating about the same, Apurva Dalal, Head of Engineering, Uber India said that the UberFleet would now allow fleet partners with driver positioning. As such, the new app will be using Google Maps to enable the fleet partners to track their drivers in real time, view their location and drop-off points.
Basically, the app will also be helping drivers achieve maximum performance and overall, run their fleets more efficiently.
Furthermore, Dalal made a statement saying that Uber was at forefront of micro-entrepreneurship opportunity creation in India and now with the launch of UberFleet app, the company had yet taken another step towards encouraging and supporting the entrepreneurial ambitions of its fleet partners.
Significantly, the UberFleet app comes with several features like the live maps, driver performance dashboard, and driver status logs.