TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
WhatsApp has made its entry into the Indian online transaction segment with the launch of the UPI-based payments feature. The instant messenger with over one billion monthly active users lets you transfer money to another person’s bank account directly from it. This feature will be very useful for all users.
To make this possible, WhatsApp has joined hands with many banks in India and is rolling out the payments feature to the users. Right now the ability to send money is just one ability of this latest feature.
We have come up with some other features we would love to see in WhatsApp payments from here. We have also come up with some limitations with the WhatsApp payments feature. We hope the platform will bring these features in the future.
Transfer money to wallets
WhatsApp lets you transfer money to another person's bank account. But we like to see the app let you transfer money to any other payment platform or e-wallet like Paytm or Mobikwik.
Purchase of products
WhatsApp is a platform that supports sending and receiving money. It does not let you buy products with this feature as it does not have its own digital wallet like Paytm or Mobikwik.
Send money to many in groups
If you already have access to this feature, then you will be able to send and receive money from one person at a time. You cannot send money to many people in groups using this feature.
Support for older WhatsApp version
It is important to have the same version of the app. You can make use of WhatsApp Payment feature if both you and the other person are using the latest version. The Android Beta users will get this feature starting from v2.18.48.
The other person should activate the feature
Updating the app to the latest version alone will not work. To be able to send and receive money using WhatsApp, you should activate the feature. The payment option will be shown when someone with this feature texts you. You can link your bank account with Whatsapp to use it to send or receive money.