- 43 min ago OnePlus Nord Next Sale Date Announced; To Be Available Via Amazon Next Week
- 1 hr ago Mystery ZTE 5G Phone With Under-Display Sensor Spotted On TENAA
- 2 hrs ago Airtel Offering 1000GB Data To Its Xstream Fiber Users: Here's Why
- 2 hrs ago Paytm: How To Keep Your Account Safe From Online KYC Scam
- News ‘Nation is indebted to corona warriors’: President Kovind on I-Day eve
- Lifestyle Masaba Masaba: The Engaging Trailer Gives A Peek Into The Success And Struggles Of Masaba Gupta
- Movies Asha Negi Dons A Completely New Avatar For Abhay 2!
- Sports WWE SummerSlam 2020: A glimpse at 10 glorious moments from the decade
- Automobiles Kia Sonet Variants, Dimensions & Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Finance Form 26AS: Hotel Bills, Medical Insurance Premium Over Rs. 20000 Etc To Show In Your ITR
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
WhatsApp vs Paytm vs Google Tez: Payment apps compared
The online payments sector which has been dominated by Paytm has slowly given rise to competitors capable of squaring up against the former with the likes of Tez and even WhatsApp entering the fray. A brief description of the three payment apps has been provided below followed by the comparison of prominent features of these platforms as well.
The payments feature in WhatsApp has not been launched officially so unfortunately, it is only available to users who have received the beta update. But if you have a friend who has received the update, by asking them to send you money, you can prompt the app to give them a pop-up message saying the feature is not available in your phone. By relaunching the app, you will be able to access the payments feature.
Paytm was launched in 2010 and has dominated the mobile wallet sector for a major portion of its existence. Growing over the years, it is now available in over ten regional languages.
Amassing 7.5 million downloads within 37 days of its launch, the payment service launched by Google is targeted at Indian users, this new entrant is surely one to keep an eye out for.
The prominent features to keep an eye out for are the following:
WhatsApp: The transaction limit set by WhatsApp is the limit that has been set by the bank.
Paytm: The limit for transactions that can be made by Paytm is 1 lakh.
Tez: The limit set by Tez is also 1 lakh, similar to Paytm.
WhatsApp: WhatsApp does not offer any cashback offers as of now.
Paytm: Paytm offers a variety of cashback offers for transactions.
Tez: Similar to Paytm, the Tez app offers cashback offers but also rewards every week for making payments of over 500.
Train ticket booking
WhatsApp: WhatsApp does not offer the option of booking train tickets.
Paytm: The option of booking train tickets is available in Paytm.
Tez: Tez does not offer the option of booking train tickets as of yet.
Flight ticket booking
WhatsApp: Flight tickets cannot be booked through WhatsApp as of yet.
Paytm: Paytm can be used to book flight tickets.
Tez: Tez is also capable of booking flight tickets.
WhatsApp: WhatsApp does not provide the option of sending gift cards.
Paytm: Paytm has a system of gift cards in place through which you can send gift cards to people.
Tez: Tez does not offer gift cards.
WhatsApp: Audio commands are not supported through WhatsApp.
Paytm: Audio commands are not supported.
Tez: Tez allows you to send money assisted by Google voice assistant.
WhatsApp: WhatsApp does not have a cash mode.
Paytm: Paytm does not have a cash mode.
Tez: It is possible to send money to nearby users using Tez without sharing phone numbers.