- 13 hrs ago Oppo Find N2 Foldable Smartphone Spotted On Geekbench; Could Be Powered By Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
- 13 hrs ago Massive WhatsApp Data Breach Leaks Users' Phone Numbers; Should You Worry?
- 14 hrs ago iQOO 11 To Flaunt World's First Samsung E6 AMOLED With 1800nits Brightness
- 15 hrs ago Sony WF-LS900N Review: Premium Earbuds Worth Betting On
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible Playing 11, Match Prediction
- Finance How to Register, Login and Transfer Funds Using HDFC Mobile Banking App?
- News IFFI jury head calls The Kashmir Files ‘vulgar’
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 9: Roopesh Shetty Receives Kiccha Sudeep’s Applause; Show To Have Family Special This Week?
- Travel Serra Verde Express – Wild Ride In Brazil
- Lifestyle Why You Should Not Try To Change Your Partner’s Personality
- Education Karnataka 2nd PUC 2023: Final Date Sheet For Class 12th Declared At pue.karnataka.gov.in; Get Details Here
- Automobiles Toyota Pulls The Plug On The Innova Crysta – Removed From Official Website
Everything You Need to Know about World’s First Chat Operating System
FlockOS allows developers to build customized apps and bots to give users a native experience matching a fully interactive website
We all have worked and used several operating systems and messaging apps in everyday life, but have you ever come across a chat based operating system. As weird as it sounds, the platform that we are going to talk about today offers some unique features to help developers create apps and bots matching the features of a fully interactive website.
FlockOS is a first-of-its kind platform that offers features to create apps, bots and integrations on Flock, and either use them within their organization or publish it on Flock's App Store for Flock users.
The platform is introduced by Flock, a team messenger for businesses to boost the development of bots and apps for smartphone users. Here's everything you need to know about the unique platform.
World's first chat operating system
As we mentioned, FlockOS is the world's first chat based operating system that is built on the idea that 'Chat' will soon become the next operating system, probably within the next three to five years.
Extensive use of Widgets
Flock OS provides a tightly integrated experience using widgets. These include the attachment widget, sidebar widget, and modal widget - all capable of displaying rich HTML.
These first-of-its-kind widgets allow users to have a seamless experience with any Flock app. For instance, the To-do app allows a user to simultaneously have a conversation with the team, and also assign them To-dos, all within Flock. The Notes app allows the users to quickly make shareable rich notes. All users in a Flock group can view or edit it, making it a resourceful collaboration tool.
The soon to be released Meeting scheduler app will help users schedule meetings, invite other participants, get participant feedback on meeting slots, and even view their entire calendar at a glance within Flock.
SEE ALSO: 5 Indian Facebook Chat Bots Worth Trying
Send rich attachments to interact with other Flock users and groups
The platform allows users to send messages and rich attachments to other Flock users and groups. The Poll app in Flock creates an opinion poll in a rich attachment format that can be broadcasted immediately to all in a group. It also shows real-time updates on the poll numbers.
The platform also allows users to use special commands and buttons. For instance, Setup slash commands provide an additional option for users to interact with the app. You can also add app specific buttons to attachments, chat tab bar, attachment picker bar or app launcher bar. These buttons ensure higher app discoverability, and in turn, boost app usage.
Bot support, customized URLs and uniform experience across platforms
The platform also allows users to configure a Bot to send directed messages to users, carry on conversations and completing tasks from within the Flock app.
Besides, the app also offers customized URL previews for specific URLs, so the app can display information relevant to the users.
FlockOS works across platforms including web, desktop, and mobile without having to rework a single line of code.
Developers can currently build custom apps on FlockOS using Java and node.js SDKs with additional SDKs (Python, Ruby, etc.) to roll out soon.