TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The Home Ministry has reportedly issued an alert asking the Indian smartphone users to delete a few apps from their mobile phones right away. It is reported that the officials announced that Pakistani agencies are sending out malware to the smartphones in India via a few applications that are said to steal vital information present in the devices.
Smartphones hacking has become a very common phenomenon these days. According to media reports, the Home Ministry has declared that Pakistani agencies are sending out malware to mobile devices in India via a few apps to steal information for espionage purpose.
SEE ALSO: Too Dependent on Internet? Apps to Reduce Internet Addiction & Improve Productivity
The must-delete apps include Top Gun, a gun shooting gaming app, Mpjunkie, a music streaming app, Badjunkie, a video app and Talking Frog, which is an entertainment app. If you have these apps installed on your smartphone and use them regularly, you are surely under cyber attack. As per several media reports, the listed apps are tied up with Pakistani spies who are allegedly stealing user's information from their smartphone, which is surely at high risk and can be misused anytime.
Once you have download an app, you agree to share your data present in the device with the app, be it messages, images or anything on the smartphone. Hence, the app can have access to your data, whenever it wants and might as well misuse it.
Due to demonetization, most of Indians have become extremely dependent on mobile payment apps to make transactions, shop and more. With payment apps, you are required to enter their banking details to proceed with the transaction, and just in case you have any of the above-mentioned apps installed, beware, your information can be recorded and misused by the spies.