TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- MHA: State Approval Mandatory For Indian Citizenship
- India Vs New Zealand 1st ODI — Live Updates
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
The desktop version of Facebook Workplace Chat app is now available for everyone and can be downloaded on PC, Mac, Android or iOS. The Social networking giant brought the productivity app out of beta phase yesterday for business-focused teams who wants to collaborate on PCs with screen sharing abilities.
The desktop version of Workplace will allow users access all the features of the mobile app directly from their PC. Similar to Slack, this desktop app from Facebook lets group members chat and work together. As per Facebook, while users have a personal account on the social media platform, Workplace Chat is a professional space for co-workers to be notified and share information between one another regarding work.
The desktop app of Workplace Chat has a native notification button. Similar to other chat apps, this one allows voice and video calling as well in addition to the file sharing feature mentioned above. Interestingly, there is an ability to live stream 360-degree videos. The work focused app also includes features like message reactions and @mentions for a streamlined work chat experience.
Facebook is also expected to add new features in the coming weeks. We might soon see support for group video chat on desktop and on mobile version of the app.
The workplace app was first introduced in 2016 and as per reports; more than 30,000 organisations are using Facebook's Workplace around the globe. These include Spotify, Lyft, Walmart, Heineken,and Reliance Group.