- 22 min ago LG Aristo 5 With Dual Rear Camera Goes Official: Everything You Need To Know
- 31 min ago Realme C11 First Impressions: Not An Upgrade We Were Expecting
- 36 min ago Apple iPhone 12 Series Likely To Launch In September; Shipping Starts October
- 1 hr ago Realme C11 With MediaTek Helio G35 SoC Launched In India: Price & Specifications
- Movies The Old Guard: Director Gina Prince-Bythewood Hints At A Sequel To Charlize Theron's Film
- Lifestyle Sunny Leone In Blue Shirt-Short And Orange Jumpsuit, Which Beach Outfit Of Hers Did You Like More?
- Finance Wholesale Inflation Contracts 1.8% In June On Decline In Fuel Demand
- News Rajasthan crisis: Truth can be troubled, but not defeated, tweets Sachin Pilot after being sacked
- Sports FC Goa name Javier Gonzalez as strength and conditioning coach
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Launches Royal Enfield Secure: Extended Warranty Packages For BS4 & BS6 Models
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Google Pulls Down ‘Remove China Apps’ From Play Store
Mitron TV app rose and fell within a short span of its launch. The app which was being touted as the India's answer to the popular Chinese app TikTok but turned out to be a product from Pakistan. Soon after, the app was pulled down for violation of security policy. Now, another app has taken a blow. Called 'Remove China App', the app has also been removed from the Play Store.
Why Is The App Removed?
We all are aware how China has been taking backlashes due to the spread of coronavirus outbreak. Besides, the growing tension on borders between both countries is like a catalyst to boycott Chinese products. So apps like Mitron TV and Remove China Apps got an opportunity to grab all the attention.
The 'Remove China Apps' app was developed by a Jaipur-based firm called OneTouchAppLabs. The function of this app was to detect all the Chinese applications on a smartphone so that users can remove them easily. Similar to the Mitron TV app, this app was also downloaded over 5 million times before being taken down from the Play Store.
OneTouchAppLabs revealed this information itself via a tweet on its official handle. The app is said to be taken down for violating the Deceptive Behavior Policy of Google Play Store. This policy was introduced so that an app can't make any changes to the device setting or features of on a device without the knowledge of a user. Also, no app should promote the removal of other apps on a device.
Dear Friends,— onetouchapplabs (@onetouchapplabs) June 2, 2020
Google has suspended our #RemoveChinaApps from google play store.
Thank you all for your support in past 2 weeks.
"You Are Awesome"
Its easy to find the origin of any app by searching on google
Stay Tuned !! Stay Safe!!
However, the official tweet by the company doesn't reveal why Google removed this app from its Play Store. Also, it unknown if this app will ever be available for download at Play Store. We have seen Google removing apps from the Play Store for various reasons.
And it's the security which has been always a priority. Both the Mitron TV app and the 'Remove China App' applications have also been pulled down due to violation of security issues. So, this somehow is in users' favor.