- 12 hrs ago Nothing Ear 2 Design Leaked; Personalized ANC and Dual Connectivity Tipped
- 17 hrs ago Oppo Find N2 Flip India Launch Tipped: Leaked Posters Intended To Hint About Arrival?
- 17 hrs ago Vivo X90 Pro With A Sony 1-inch Camera Sensor Launched Globally: Price Revealed
- 19 hrs ago Vivo X90 Goes Global With A Dimensity 9200 SoC, Zeiss Optics: Price, Specifications
- Finance Small Cap Trading Stock Declared 90% Dividend, Hits 52-Week Low, Will Trade Ex-Dividend This Week
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Shiv Thakare Makes It To Top 6; Here’s How He Celebrated The Achievement
- Sports Davis Cup: India relegated to World Group II after losing Play-off 2-3 to Denmark
- News US considering plan to shoot down Chinese 'spy' balloon over Atlantic
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Fronx Reaches Nexa Showrooms – More Than 5,500 Bookings Bagged
- Lifestyle Lakshmi Chalisa: Rituals, Benefits, And Important Lakshmi Temples
- Travel Happily Single? Solo Trip Options To Explore Self Love This Valentine
- Education Now, online common entrance exam first for Agniveer recruitment process by Army
Google Street View Available In India After 10 Years Of Rejection: How To Use Street View?
Google Maps is one of the most popular apps from the suite of apps that comes in-built on all Android phones. Now, the Google Street View is arriving in India, after nearly 10 years of being rejected on terms of national security concerns. Google Street View in India might help in a better understanding of Indian streets.
Google Street View In India After 10 Years
Google Street view is quite different from Google Maps, which is currently available in India. Street View offers 360-degree panoramic street-level images. So far, the Indian government had withheld from Google expanding Street View in India over security and privacy concerns. Things have changed now, and Google Street View is available in the country.
Google has now partnered with Genesys and Tech Mahindra to re-launch Street View in the country. The new feature is currently available in 10 cities, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Nashik, Vadodara, Ahmednagar, and Amritsar.
Google Street View is expected to arrive in 50 Indian cities by the end of this year, Google executives said at a media briefing in New Delhi. Additionally, Google will also partner with local developers for application programming interfaces or APIs to build apps around Street View. The tech giant will also join hands with traffic authorities and aggregators in India for Street View.
"Starting today, Street View will be available on Google Maps with fresh imagery intensity in India is covering 150,000 km (93,205 miles) of roads that's actually been ingested into Google Maps," said Miriam Karthika Daniel, VP - Maps Experiences at Google said.
How To Use Google Street View?
Presently, the Google Street View update might not be available for all smartphones in India. Nevertheless, make sure you have the latest update running on your phone to access Street View and follow these steps
Step 1: Open Google Maps on your phone > Drop a pin or search for a place
Step 2: At the bottom, tap on the place name or address
Step 3: Select the photo labeled 'Street View' or the Street View icon with the arrow
Step 4: This will open the Street View of the locality