TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Govt launches Mobile Blood Bank Locator App
On the occasion of World Blood Donors Day june 14th, the government has launched a Mobile Application for easy access of information regarding the nearest blood bank in the country.
The National Blood Transfusion Council has made available directory of all 2760 licensed blood banks at National Health Portal, an official release said.
It also said that data of all 76 blood banks in Delhi NCR and 524 blood banks from across the country has been made available and the process of uploading data of remaining licensed blood banks in the country is under process and will be made available soon.
The National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare observed the "World Blood Donor Day" today under the aegis of National Blood Transfusion Council (NBTC).
It said that the World Blood Donors Day celebrates the blood donors' altruistic gift and thanks the unsung heroes for their priceless contribution. The theme for this year's campaign is "Thank you for saving my life."
It focuses on thanking blood donors who save lives every day through their blood donations and encourages more people across the world to donate blood voluntarily and regularly with the slogan "Give freely, give often.
Blood donation matters, the release said. To promote voluntary blood donation, a national short film contest was also declared open on this occasion, being organised by the NBTC in collaboration with friends2support.org.