- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Kohli smashes Tendulkar's record as fastest man to 11,000 ODI runs: Twitter reacts
- News TMC worker Nirmal Kundu's murder: Accused arrested from Chhattisgarh
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Gugaon users get 'Safely Home' road safety app developed by IIT student
'Safely Home', a mobile app that provides timely help to accident victims was launched here on Sunday by Gurgaon Police chief Navdeep Singh Virk.
The app has been developed by 20-year-old IIT-Delhi student Ishan Jindal.
Virk said: "Unlike other safety apps, one doesn't need to press any emergency button to send an SMS. At the time of need, your smartphone will send out an SOS to the police, ambulance and family."
Many victims of road accidents die because they don't get timely medical attention, he added.
Jindal took the opportunity to share the speciality of the app with the people present at the launch ceremony.
Jindal said over 300 people have been using the app on trial basis in Delhi and it has proved to be a life-saver for several victims.
Virk said the speciality of the app would be presented to the people on the next car-free day in Gurgaon, to be observed on the coming Tuesday at selected roads in the city's IT zones.