The search engine giant, Google has introduced a new feature called Night Mode for the Google maps on iOS. This feature allows a darker theme during navigation with out stressing your eyes.
This feature cannot be enabled or disabled instead it checks the time on your smartphone and see whether its actually day or night and appropriately choose a mode.
Along with this feature which comes with the 4.9.0 update of Google Maps for iOS, also the ability to label places to see them on your map and in search suggestions, and the ability to edit your posted photo captions.
Google Maps for iOS - Features
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories.
- Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking.
- Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns.
- Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route.
- Detailed information on more than 100 million places.
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more.