- 40 min ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 3 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 12 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- Movies #HappyFathersDay: Varun Dhawan, Sara Ali Khan, Karan Johar & Others Post Adorable Messages
- News Agitating doctors open for talks with WB CM Mamata, but will decide venue later
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
SBI to soon launch wallet app 'Batua' for feature phone users
After launching a mobile wallet app, 'SBI Buddy', for smartphone users, State Bank of India will soon come out with a similar software tool for customers with feature phones, a top official said today. The soon-to-be launched mobile wallet app will be called 'Batua'.
"Buddy has already been rolled out which can be downloaded on smartphones. We are coming out with another version of Buddy, which has been named 'Batua' and will be for feature phone users," SBI Managing Director Rajnish Kumar told reporters here.
"It's unique feature is that it will be available for feature phone users. We are hopeful that in the next 3 weeks, we should be able to roll out 'Batua'," Kumar said. 'Batua' will have characteristics of 'Buddy' but will be targeted at customers who use feature phones.
"Not everybody has a smartphone and that's why we thought of this version," he said. 'Batua' can be used to make utility payments, transfer funds and buy air tickets, among others things, and it will be available in 13 languages, Kumar added.
Asked about SBI's network expansion plans, he said, "We had planned to open 700 new branches in the current financial year, covering metro, urban, semi-urban and rural areas. Hundred of them have been opened. After all the new branches become operational, SBI will cross the 17,000-branch mark."
To another query, Kumar said, "This year recruitment plan is for 7,000 people (5,000 clerical posts & 2,000 POs)." Earlier, Kumar inaugurated a new SBI branch at Banjara Hills here. The branch was opened on the eve of golden jubilee celebrations of Hyderabad Circle of the bank. Hyderabad Circle was formed in 1965. The new branch is the 1,448th one in the Circle (comprising Telangana and Andhra Pradesh).