TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Sony Introduced Anti-Theft feature for Xperia M4 Aqua, Xperia C4, and Xperia Z4 tablet
Sony has unveiled a new Anti-theft feature for Xperia M4 Aqua and Xperia C4 smartphones, and Xperia Z4 Tablet. This feature work similar to the Device Protection found in Android's Lollipop iteration.
As per the company's claims, this software will make it impossible for a thief to access data in the aforementioned Sony devices without proper details and authorization, even if the device has been formatted. In addition to that, the company will let the user of the device to locate it through My Xperia Website.
The company has a tool called as My Xperia Theft Protection (MXTP) which goes into the device boot-loader for enhanced protection. First of all, the MXTP will ask the user's Google credentials affiliated with the Sony Xperia account during the boot process, to verify the right person.
Also, when the device is in the Lockdown mode, almost every app will be stopped and no outgoing calls can be made, while the incoming calls will be automatically saved in the voice-mail.
This Lockdown mode will get activated when one tries to flash the device. On deleting the Google account on the device, it will get locked. Further, this MXTP will prevent the thief from using the features of the device.