- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Kohli smashes Tendulkar's record as fastest man to 11,000 ODI runs: Twitter reacts
- News TMC worker Nirmal Kundu's murder: Accused arrested from Chhattisgarh
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Truecaller reaches 200 mn users milestone
Truecaller, an app that helps identify unknown numbers and also block spam calls, on Thursday said it has reached the 200-million user milestone, doubling its user base in less than 10 months. The app also globally launched a new feature named 'number tagging'.
"The company's free phonebook app Truecaller and dial pad replacement app Truedialer will now come equipped with a new option that will let users to tag a contact based on a broad range of categories such as transportation, banking/finance, or drinks and nightlife, making it even easier to ID your cab driver or your bank," the company said in a release.
SEE ALSO: Celebrate #instaDiwali with Bajaj Finserv & GizBot, stand a chance to win Nexus 5X
Truecaller chief executive and co-founder Alan Mamedi said: "Truecaller is about putting trust into communications and adding more information about who you're communicating with, and the Tagging feature will take this commitment one step further."
"Over time, we envision using this information to improve our users ability to identify who is contacting them, why they are contacting them, what they are contacting them about, and be able to make an informed decision as to whether to take the call, or not," he added.
According to the company, it currently sees over three billion searches per month, showing a 50 percent growth from last quarter. "The new feature will start on the Android feature and will be later updated on other platforms," the company said.