TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Uber launches debit card payment in India
Uber, the technology-based cab service provider, on Monday launched debit cards as an additional payment option for all users across the 18 cities that Uber operates in, in India.
In July, credit card payments was re-introduced in India for all Android users, in partnership with MobiKwik. Now, users across iOS and Android platforms have the option to pay via debit/credit cards.
"Adhering to RBI regulations, there will be a two-factor authentication flow built into the app and users will have to enter either their online banking pin or their one-time password to request for a ride using their debit/credit card," the company said in a statement.
Commenting on the new payment mode rollout, an Uber spokesperson said: "At Uber, we're about making transportation as convenient and hassle-free as possible."
"As we continue to focus on our mission to re-define urban mobility in India, riders will have the ability to chose from debit/ credit card payments, Paytm (digital wallet), and Cash (in 6 cities)," he added.
The company earlier said that it was allowing cash payments, too, in the six cities of Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi and Pune. The move assumes significance as Uber's global business model does not allow cash transactions.