TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Facebook-owned WhatsApp has been working around the clock to add several new features to its platform. In November last year, we came across a report suggesting that the messaging app is testing a feature that will let users directly switch between video calls and voice calls.
Fast forward two months, this particular feature has been spotted in the WhatsApp beta for Android by @WABetaInfo. With this feature, WhatsApp Android beta users will now be able to quickly switch from video call to voice call and vice versa. The feature is available in the latest beta version of the app with the version number 2.18.4. Once added, the feature will save users' time by allowing them to seamlessly switching between video and voice calls.
Since it is already in beta, this new feature of WhatsApp should not take long to reach all the Android users across the world. That being said, there is no word on when exactly it will be rolled out officially.
In the 2.18.4 version of WhatsApp beta for Android, a dedicated button has been added to switch from video to voice call or the other way round. So, to switch between calls, all you need to do is to click on that button. And, the button will switch your voice call to video call or vice versa. So switching between video and voice calls will take no time at all.
However, it should be noted that the button is only visible when a user is on a call via WhatsApp, or at least that is the case in beta. If you are on a video call, there will be a voice call icon in the middle of the screen. When clicked, the user on the other end of the call will receive a voice call request. The call will get switched once the recipient accepts it.
In case you are wondering, the process will be the same if you want to switch from voice to video call.
Currently, if you want to switch between calls, first you need to cut the call (either voice or video), go back to the chat, and then only you can make the call (either voice or video). So it consume a lot of time of the users.
Needless to say, arrival of the new feature will make many Android WhatsApp users happy. On the other hand, it is unclear if iOS users will get the feature or not.