TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
WhatsApp, the cross-platform messaging app is now available for JioPhone and the JioPhone 2 via Jio app store for free of cost. The JioPhone and the JioPhone 2 are the affordable 4G feature phones from Reliance Jio based on KaiOS, and, Jio has collaborated with WhatsApp to bring in the most used cross-platform messaging app to the JioPhone and the JioPhone 2.
How to install WhatsApp on JioPhone and JioPhone 2?
- Go to Jio App store on the JioPhone or the JioPhone 2
- Search for WhatsApp
- Click install
- Sign-in and authenticate the app using Jio number to enjoy WhatsApp
- Make sure that you have active internet connection while setting up the application
Features of WhatsApp on JioPhone and JioPhone 2
- Almost all WhatsApp features that are available on Android, or an iPhone is available for JioPhone and JioPhone 2
- However, WhatsApp for JioPhone 2 is based on the non-touch user interface, so, WhatsApp will be optimised to work well on a non-touch based platform
- WhatsApp for KaiOS will also support voice calls, videos calls, and voice memos, etc
- Apps like FaceBook, YouTube, Google Maps, Google Assistant are also available for JioPhone and the JioPhone 2
- If you own a JioPhone or the JioPhone 2, then WhatsApp is a must-have app, as, most of the people have started to use WhatsApp across the platform, and, is also available for Windows, macOS, there is even a web version of the WhatsApp as well
JioPhone or JioPhone 2 specifications
In theory, both JioPhone and the JioPhone 2 have an identical set of specifications. However, the JioPhone 2 comes with a 2.4 inch 320 x 240 horizontal display, whereas the JioPhone has a 2.4 inch 320 x 240 vertical display. The JioPhone 2 also has a QWERTY keypad, which should help the users to chat faster compared to the JioPhone, as the JioPhone has a T4 keyboard.
A dual-core processor powers both feature phones with 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal storage with a dedicated micro SD card slot for additional storage expansion.
These phones also come with a 2 MP primary camera and a 0.3 MP selfie camera. Using these cameras, one can capture pictures, record videos, and can also be used to make video calls through Jio VoLTE feature or via WhatsApp.
Both devices have a 2000 mAh Li-ion battery with a micro USB port for charging and data syncing via micro USB port and also has a 3.5 mm headphone jack on top of the smartphone. The battery on the JioPhone and the JioPhone 2 is user replaceable.