TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Popular instant messaging app WhatsApp has yet again added two new features to its platform. The app now gets support for picture-in-picture and ability to have text as a status message. The features are available for both Android and iPhone devices. Besides, it seems that the app is continuing to improve its functionality for its extensive users.
Talking about the new WhatsApp features, the picture-in-picture basically comes in handy when you want to do multiple things at the same time. With this feature, users can resize the video calling window and place it anywhere they want while also texting or doing something else.
And it is worth noting that the company had started testing the feature also called as PiP, on Android in the month of July. And now it seems the testing has been completed and the feature is ready for prime time.
Coming to the second feature, users will now have the ability to set text only, self-destructing status updates as their status.
Earlier WhatsApp had introduced a feature that let users put only their pictures and video as status updates while having a text overlay. However, the new version of WhatsApp lets users choose even the background color and add the text at the same time.
These text-only statuses will appear only for 24 hours like the stories feature in Instagram. These features are available now on the latest builds for WhatsApp which comes as Android v2.17.323 and iOS 2.17.52.
Besides, in the last couple of months, WhatsApp has been constantly adding new features and improving its platform to keep the users engaged. The company recently announced WhatsApp for Business with verified profiles on the service, colorful text status and more. The company is likely to introduce some more features in the days to come.