TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
WhatsApp is one of the most favored instant-messaging platforms which is available for the users. The messaging platform has approximately billion of users using its services. The app offers some interesting features such as allowing the users to make or receive voice and video calls and also post statuses.
Also, WhatsApp has said that it might collect the additional information when the payments service will be used which is also mentioned in the changelog. In addition to this, it would be worth noting the fact that WhatsApp also collects information when a user sends, receives or request for a payment along with the date, time and reference transaction number".
Additionally, when a user pays a WhatsApp contact, the company collects the sender and receiver's name along with BHIM UPI IDs. The company further mentions that it uses "all the information we have to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our services."
The Payments feature of WhatsApp is currently being tested by almost a million Indian users. However, it is hard to say at the moment that when the company will introduce a stable version of the feature.